AllSync 4 Data BackupWith data backup, you can back up the AllSync 4 application data to a ZIP file and restore it if necessary. Please note that you cannot import backups from older versions of AllSync. The data backup can be started in the AllSync menu bar under the menu item
The following AllSync application data can be backed up:
- Options (AllSync, Scheduler, Service Tool)
- Logs (AllSync, Scheduler, Service Tool)
- Profiles & logs
- Scheduler tasks & logs
ExportAllows you to back up AllSync application data to a ZIP file:
- Choose which application data you want to back up.
- Specify in which folder the ZIP file with the data backup should be saved.
- Then click on the
Exportbutton to start the data backup.
Backup FileThe name of the backup file can contain various placeholders for the date and time. If you want to use normal text, it has to be inserted in double quotes so that it isn't incorrectly interpreted as a placeholder. Example: "AllSync4Backup" yy_mm_dd hh_mm_ss
Note: An existing backup file with the same name will be automatically deleted before export.
ImportHere you can restore the AllSync application data backed up:
- Select a backup file created with AllSync version 4.
- Select all application data to be imported.
- Terminate the scheduler service with the Service Tool if it is still running in the background.
- Close the Scheduler and the Service Tool so that the application data can be imported correctly.
- Click the
- Information about the imported application data will be displayed in the log window.
- Click the
Restartbutton to restart AllSync and apply the imported data.
Info: You can also import the backup without AllSync by unzipping the contents of the backup file into the AllSync application data folder.