Page 1 of 1
Enter AllSync license Details opens for every user
Posted: 16 Aug 2008, 03:56
I recently installed AllSync 3.0.51 Business Ed.
I ordered and received a license key 10 servers (9 licenses)
I installed the software and successful entered the license key. Allsync recognized that I had 9 licenses. So far so good. However...
Even tho' I specified that I wanted the installation to apply to every user on the computer, each time a different person launches the application, they get prompted to re-enter the license key.
Did I miss something?
Re: Enter AllSync license Details opens for every user
Posted: 16 Aug 2008, 13:34
This is by design. Without it's not possible to use different licenses on one computer.
At the manual (Installation/Licenses/Automating and Distributing Licenses) we point to the "Windows Active Setup" for distributing the license to many users via the command line of AllSync.
Posted: 18 Aug 2008, 04:14
Ummm... that's *crazy*! Especially for "Business Edition" software. I could see such limitation for a single-user version.
If I've purchased a valid server license, why wouldn't it be usable by any user on that server?
You could at least post the steps involved in deploying user Active Setup - not imposing on your users to figure it all out...
Funny nothing like this came up with the demo version. I might have reconsidered the purchase...
Posted: 18 Aug 2008, 17:46
Active Setup Description:
NRHelpdesk wrote:You could at least post the steps involved in deploying user Active Setup
Active setup is a process that runs automatically when a user logs in. Registry keys at
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%APPNAME%
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\%APPNAME%
are compared, and if the HKCU registry entries don't exist, or the version number of HKCU is less than HKLM, then the specified application is executed for the current user.
1. Create a file with the name "allsync.reg".
2. Edit the file with notepad and add the following content:
Code: Select all
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\AllSync]
"StubPath"=""C:\\Program Files\\AllSync\\AllSync.exe" -l:"%LICNAME%","%LICCODE%""
3. Replace %LICNAME% with your "Licensed To" value.
4. Replace %LICCODE% with your "License Key" value.
5. Check and edit the path to the AllSync.exe if necessary.
6. Run the file "allsync.reg" to import the values to the registry.
Posted: 18 Aug 2008, 19:38
Thanks for the prompt response.
The reg update (with a little tweaking...) did indeed solve the problem...